Saturday, October 10, 2009

I am a twit

So after a lively debate last night about the merits of twitter, I took the advice of the other side and joined to prove my point. It is a stripped down version of Facebook, or myspace, or any number of other networking websites. Their arguments were yes but what some people write, sorry tweet is way more important than what goes up on Facebook, which for the record I can control what I see. Well so far I have seen nothing of the sort. Yes people are shopping and telling me all about the boring crap they do, a lot like a status update.

The other argument is you can be friends with famous people. Well I am not friends with any famous people, on both my Twitter account and my Facebook account I am friends with a Chelsie Hightower, from SYTYCD. If she wanted to, she could write the same things she puts on her twitter on her Facebook. so I am going to give that a strike two. Their other arguments I have yet to really see. as most of the famous people I took a look at on Twitter are just like their Facebook account, and either not them, run by someone else or don't exist.

If you find me on twitter (both of the two people that are reading this) you can follow my great tweets. Which will be a lot like a blog, except shorter and with less meaning. Is that strike three? Well I will give time, and maybe I will grow to like being a Twit.

No comments: