Wednesday, October 14, 2009

What inspirers me?

So what inspires me? I thought I would pose this question after a bit of time spent working on my screenplay and not being able to finish this conversation two of the characters are having. It is funny, it is based on a conversation I have had, so you would think it would be easy to write. It turns out to be the exact opposite.

So what have I done to cure this? Well I started by making a play list, on my itunes of music that will hopefully give me inspiration for the scene I am having trouble with. How did that work? Well I am now writing this blog, so you tell me. Not sure what the next step is.

I want to talk to someone about it, and hopefully re-awaken the conversation we had, but I think that will backfire. Doing that will make everything forced, and that is the last thing I want from this conversation. This is a pivotal point in the movie for two of the characters, they should both be natural and saying things of the cusp, saying what comes to mind first before they think about it.

That is my problem, as someone pointed out, I think to much about everything, I put to much thought into every detail instead of just acting and going for it. So maybe I should just stop thinking, shut off my brain and write. Wait is that not what I have just done for the last four paragraphs?

No comments: