Monday, October 05, 2009

When life gets you down

So I wrote this entry a little while ago, but I have yet to enter it because of lack of time I suppose, everything is a bit hectic now, and I am feeling the financial struggle. So here it goes.

The biggest test of character is the choices we make. I know it sounds simple enough, and it often is, but these little choices make us who we are. The chances we take versus the things we let slip through are fingertips.

Today I choose the life of a struggling artist. Some will tell you "This is the way to figure out who you are and what you are made of." to see what one can endure. but can't the same be said about going the other way? Can't we have everything we want and still struggle? Is life itself not one big struggle?

So why did I choose to go the path with less money? It came down to a few things. Ethics, and what I was willing to do to become well off, money, and happiness. Money is not everything, it can't buy you what you really want, ethics is what you can live with, and I can not live with lying. Happiness, it is what I am now.

No comments: