Sunday, September 27, 2009

Everything between you and me has to be so Political

So I write this Blog after a long conversation on a car ride home last night with a long time friend of mine. I will not name names, but he is a very active person in the political ring, as well as many other things. He is the founder and leader of the largest youth oriented environmental group in the world, is a paid consultant, and has been an advisor to many important people. I write this intro so you know a bit about this person before I start to rant. So you understand why I believe what I do.

I am now trying to push him to run for political office. I think one day down the road he could be a great PM for our country. Here is where the rant starts, so strap yourself in. I think our country has lost a lot, and has no real leader currently in politics. If an election happens right now, nationally I would not vote for anyone. We need a leader with more charisma, someone people can and will follow.

We do not need a leader that is going to be bullied, or do a 180 on what he or she sets out to do. I think too often people get caught up in party lines, when really we should vote more for what is good for our country. My father was telling me today, that it is too hard for an independent to win, if you want a chance you have to be part of a party. That statement in itself is what is wrong with our country. Politicians get caught up in doing what is good for them to stay in office instead of what is right for their country.

So to finish, when we do finally have an election, I want you before you vote to stop and think is this what I really want?

No comments: