Sunday, September 06, 2009

Wow a second post

So I am finishing my move into my new place, I moved from a house in West Vancouver with a roommate, into a 700 sq foot apartment. It is amazing how much new stuff one really needs. You think you might be ok because you are downsizing, but really I almost need more. Lots of things I need to replace, because they do not fit in my new apartment. For instance a coffee table, a desk to work from, I could go on but I am sure the one person reading this gets the point.

It is pretty cool starting completely new again, as I just mentioned, I am moving, I am going back to school at the age of 27, I got a new job, and all of this has given me a bit of new life. I am eager to get things going again in my life. To see where life takes me, as I am just "a leaf blowing in the wind"

So I thought on this first post (I know it is the second read the title, but first post besides the introduction) I would write about about all those changes. So I already talked a bit about the move, but how does that help this new direction? Well it helps a lot. It feels like a weight is lifted of my shoulders. I felt really stagnant living there, almost as if I was under house arrest. That is probably the best way to describe it, I feel like I am a free man to try new things, and do something different with my life.

Why am I going back to school? Well I have been working in the film industry for the past 5 years or so, and it is not that I do not like making films, but more I did not like what I was doing to make those films. I took a year off, and in that year I really noticed how much it helped with my eagerness to make my own films. I finally finished this documentary I was doing for five years with some friends. So I just came to the realization that being a peon in the great scheme of things in these giant pictures I was making was not for me. I will continue to pursue film, hell probably even more now than I did before. I am already writing my next picture. I now had to figure out what I wanted to do as a fallback job. Well truth be told I did not want a fallback job, I wanted again something more, so I looked deep and tried to figure out what I wanted to do besides make movies. Well it turns out that would be mechanical engineering. Of course I need a lot of schooling for this and first I need to upgrade my math, and actually take physics. So that is what I am doing first.

My new job, well it is an interesting story, that I think deserves it's own blog so you will have to wait for that, but I will tell you that it to is something totally different than I have been doing for the past 27 years.

No comments: